Dr Katy Jordan MA (Oxon.) MSc MPhil PhD PGCAP DIC FHEA CMALT <br>
- Jordan, Katy and Weller, Martin. (). Communication, collaboration and identity: factor analysis of academics’ perceptions of online networking. Research in Learning Technology.
- Weller, Martin; Jordan, Katy; DeVries, Irwin and Rolfe, Viv. (). Mapping the open education landscape: citation network analysis of historical open and distance education research. Open Praxis, 10 (2) pp. 109-126.
- Jordan, Katy. (). Validity, reliability and the case for participant-centred research: Reflections on a multi-platform social media study. International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction (Early Access).
- Jordan, Katy and Howe, Christine. (). The perceived benefits and problems associated with teaching activities undertaken by doctoral students. Teaching in Higher Education, 23 (4) pp. 504-521.
- Jordan, Katy and Weller, Martin. (). Academics and Social Networking Sites: Benefits, Problems and Tensions in Professional Engagement with Online Networking. Journal of Interactive Media in Education.
- Jordan, Katy (). Understanding the structure and role of academics' ego-networks on social networking sites. PhD thesis The Open University.
- Jordan, Katy. (). From crowdsourcing data to network building: Reflections on conducting research in the open. Research for All, 1 (2) pp. 323-327.
- Jordan, Katy. (). Examining the UK Higher Education sector through the network of institutional accounts on Twitter. First Monday.
- Jordan, Katy. (). [Book review] Populism, Media and Education: Challenging discrimination in contemporary digital societies. Journal of Interactive Media in Education (JIME), 2017 (1) pp. 1-8.
- Jordan, Katy and Weller, Martin (). Openness and education: a beginner’s guide. Global OER Graduate Network.
- Jordan, Katy. (). Digital scholarship and the social networking site: How academics conceptualise their networks on academic social networking sites and Twitter. In: The 17th Annual Conference of the Association of Internet Researchers, 5-8 Oct 2016, Berlin, Germany.
- Jordan, Katy. (). Academics’ online connections: Characterising the structure of personal networks on academic social networking sites and Twitter. In: Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Networked Learning 2016, 414-421.
- Jordan, Katherine. (). What do academics ask their online networks? An analysis of questions posed via Academia.edu. In: WebSci '15, ACM.
- Jordan, Katherine. (). Exploring the ResearchGate score as an academic metric: reflections and implications for practice. In: Quantifying and Analysing Scholarly Communication on the Web (ASCW'15), 30 Jun 2015, Oxford.
- Jordan, Katy. (). Massive open online course completion rates revisited: Assessment, length and attrition. International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning, 16 (3) pp. 341-358.
- Jordan, Katy. (). Online social networks and networked academic identity. In: Internet Research 15.0 Doctoral Colloquium, 21 Oct 2014, Daegu, South Korea.
- Jordan, Katy. (). Academics and their online networks: exploring the role of academic social networking sites. First Monday.
- Jordan, Katy. (). Exploring co-studied Massive Open Online Course Subjects via social network analysis. International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning, 9 (8) pp. 38-41.
- Jordan, Katy. (). Initial trends in enrolment and completion of massive open online courses. International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning, 15 (1) pp. 133-160.
- Jordan, Katy. (). Applying Semantic Web Technologies to Support Learners in Plant Identification and Taxonomy. International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning, 7 (3) pp. 46-49.
- Edwards, Richard; Tracy, Fran and Jordan, Katy. (). Mobilities, moorings and boundary marking in developing semantic technologies in educational practices. Research in Learning Technology, 19 (3) pp. 219-232.
- Jordan, Katy; Tracy, Frances and Johnstone, Keith. (). Threshold Concepts as Focal Points for Supporting Student Learning. Bioscience Education.
- Tracy, Frances; Jordan, Katy; Johnstone, Keith and Carmichael, Patrick. (). Using an evidence informed approach to create online learning resources. In: Blended Learning Unit (BLU) Conference, 14 Jun 2007, University of Hertfordshire, UK.
- Tracy, Frances; Jordan, Katy and Johnstone, Keith. (). Reshaping Academic Practice and Relationships within the Department Of Plant Sciences. In: Society for Research into Higher Education Annual Conference, 11-13 Dec 2007, Brighton.
- Carmichael, P.; Irvine, N.; Jordan, Katy; Johnstone, K.; Tracy, F. and Truscott, H.. (). Enhancing Small Group Teaching in Plant Sciences: A Research and Development Project in Higher Education. In: British Educational Research Association (BERA) Annual Conference, 6-9 Sep 2006, University of Warwick.
BERA Sage Awardhttps://www.cam.ac.uk/news/plant-scientists-win-teaching-prize
HASTAC Scholar 2014-15https://www.hastac.org/initiatives/hastac-scholars
Jorum Learning and Teaching Awardhttps://www.alt.ac.uk/about-alt/ltawards/past-awards
Open University Engaging Research Awards winnerhttp://www.open.ac.uk/blogs/per/?p=5463
SRHE Newer Researchers Awardhttp://www.srhe.ac.uk/research/2017_prize_winners.asp
Areas of expertise
- Association of Learning Technologists
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy