Alice Peasgood MA ODE, MA (Cantab) Nat.Sci. (Physics), FRSA
I am currently a Visiting Fellow in the Institute for Educational Technology. My research project, MobiST, applies systems thinking to mobile devices and learning. I am also a freelance Educational Technology Consultant and Researcher at APHE Consulting. Prior to that, I was on the full-time academic staff of the Open University for 18 years, specializing in widening participation and access courses in STEM subjects for adults joining higher education with low previous educational qualifications. I am experienced in criterion-referenced and skills-based assessment and Open University course production. I have seven years experience as a lecturer in a traditional university, DeMonfort (Leicester), in the Department of Applied Physics.
I was a Teaching Fellow in the COLMSCT Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning 2006-2007. Ihave a Masters degree in Open and Distance Education and Postgraduate Certificate in Systems Thinking from the Open University, and an MA (Cantab) in Natural Sciences (Physics).
- Gaved, Mark; Peasgood, Alice and Kukulska-Hulme, Agnes (). Learning when out and about. In: Luckin, Rose eds. Enhancing Learning and Teaching with Technology: What the research says London: UCL Institute of Education Press, pp. 76-80.
- Ellis, Elizabeth; Gallagher, Alice and Peasgood, Alice (). Study behaviours in an increasingly digital world: Learning habits, top tips and 'study hacks' questionnaire survey. The Open University.
- Kukulska-Hulme, Agnes; Gaved, Mark; Jones, Ann; Norris, Lucy and Peasgood, Alice. (). Mobile language learning experiences for migrants beyond the classroom. In: The Linguistic Integration of Adult Migrants / L’intégration linguistique des migrants adultes: Some lessons from research / Les enseignements de la recherche, De Gruyter Mouton, Berlin, 219-224.
- Gaved, Mark and Peasgood, Alice. (). Fitting in Versus Learning: A Challenge for Migrants Learning Languages Using Smartphones. Journal of Interactive Media in Education.
- Minocha, Shailey; Banks, Duncan; Holland, Caroline; Palmer, Jane; McNulty, Catherine and Peasgood, Alice. (). Role of wearable activity-tracking technologies in the well-being and quality of life of people aged 55 and over. In: Haptics for Education workshop at STEM Futures – Lifelong Learning in the Digital Age, 5th eSTEeM Annual Conference 2016, 14-15 April 2016, The Open University, UK.
- Gaved, Mark; Greenwood, Richard and Peasgood, Alice. (). Using and appropriating the smart city for community and capacity building amongst migrant language learners. In: Proceedings of the Work-In-Progress Track of the 7th International Conference on Communities and Technologies, IISI - International Institute for Socio-Informatics, 63-72.
- Gaved, Mark and Peasgood, Alice. (). Location-based language learning for migrants in a smart city. In: Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Technology, Policy and Innovation.
- Hughes, Jonathan and Peasgood, Alice. (). Developing a theoretical framework to explore what widening participation has done for ‘non-traditional students ‘ and what it has done to them. In: Widening Participation Conference 2014: Widening Participation through Curriculum, 30 April - 1st May 2014, Milton Keynes, UK.
- Arnedillo-Sánchez, Inmaculada; Arrigo, Marco; Crehan, Freida; Dal Grande, Paola; Di Giuseppe, Onofrio; Farrow, Robert; Fulantelli, Giovanni; Gabor, Andras; Gentile, Manuel; Kismihok, Gabor; Kukulska-Hulme, Agnes; Merlo, Gianluca; Peasgood, Alice; Pettit, John; Seta, Luciano and Taibi, Davide (). Best Practices. In: Arrigo, M.; Di Giuseppe, O.; Fulantelli, G.; Gentile, M.; Merlo, G.; Seta, L. and Taibi, D. eds. MOTILL Mobile Technologies in Lifelong Learning: Best Practices Italian National Research Council - Institute for Educational Technology, pp. 34-37.
- Peasgood, Alice. (). Digital divide or digital choices? Exploring the experiences of older students using new technologies. In: ALT-C 2008: Rethinking the digital divide, 9-11 September 2008, University of Leeds, UK.
- Peasgood, Alice. (). Older learners and computers: identities and challenges. In: Exploring Learning Trajectories, 20-21 May 2008, Edge Hill University.
- Peasgood, Alice. (). Exploring adult student experiences of new technologies in widening participation. In: British Educational Research Association Conference, 05-08 Sep 2007, London, UK.
- Reynolds, S.; Peasgood, A.; Oxley, D. P.; Pritchard, R. G.; Walmsley, D. G.; Tomlin, J. L. and Turner, R. J.. (). Bias polarity-dependent changes in vibrational mode energy in inelastic electron tunnelling spectroscopy. Journal of Physics C: Solid State Physics, 20 pp. 4297-4306.