Quan Nguyen is a Ph.D. candidate in Learning Analytics at the Institute of Educational Technology, The Open University, UK (2016-2019). His research focuses on impact of learning design on student engagement in online and distance education by analysing digital traces of learning behaviour. During his PhD, Quan also worked as an Associate Lecturer in Applied Statistics at University of Arts London (2018-2019). Prior to joining the OU, Quan obtained his Bachelor and Master (cum laude) degrees in Economics at Maastricht University, Netherlands.
Personal website: www.quan-nguyen.com
Email: [firstname.lastname@example.org] [email@example.com]
- Clow, Doug; Coughlan, Tim; Cross, Simon; Edwards, Chris; Gaved, Mark; Herodotou, Christothea; Nguyen, Quan; Rienties, Bart; Thorne, Sam and Ullmann, Thomas (). Scholarly insight Winter 2019: a Data wrangler perspective. Open University, Milton Keynes.
- Holmes, Wayne; Nguyen, Quan; Zhang, Jingjing; Mavrikis, Manolis and Rienties, Bart. (). Learning analytics for learning design in online distance learning. Distance Education, 40 (3) pp. 309-329.
- Tempelaar, Dirk; Rienties, Bart and Nguyen, Quan. (). Investigating learning strategies in a dispositional learning analytics context: the case of worked examples. In: Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Learning Analytics and Knowledge, ACM, New York, 201-205.
- Rienties, Bart; Lewis, Timothy; Mcfarlane, Ruth; Nguyen, Quan and Toetenel, Lisette. (). Analytics in online and offline language learning environments: the role of learning design to understand student online engagement. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 31 (3) pp. 273-293.
- Tempelaar, Dirk; Rienties, Bart; Mittelmeier, Jenna and Nguyen, Quan. (). Student profiling in a dispositional learning analytics application using formative assessment. Computers in Human Behavior, 78 pp. 408-420.
- Mittelmeier, Jenna; Edwards, Rebecca L.; Davis, Sarah K.; Nguyen, Quan; Murphy, Victoria L.; Brummer, Leonie and Rienties, Bart. (). ‘A double-edged sword. This is powerful but it could be used destructively’: Perspectives of early career education researchers on learning analytics. Frontline Learning Research, 6 (2) pp. 20-38.
- Rienties, Bart; Nguyen, Quan; Holmes, Wayne and Reedy, Katharine. (). A review of ten years of implementation and research in aligning learning design with learning analytics at the Open University UK. Interaction Design and Architecture(s), 33 pp. 134-154.
- Tempelaar, Dirk T.; Rienties, Bart and Nguyen, Quan. (). Towards actionable learning analytics using dispositions. IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies, 10 (1) pp. 6-16.
- Rienties, Bart; Rogaten, Jekaterina; Nguyen, Quan; Edwards, Chris; Gaved, Mark; Holt, Deborah; Herodotou, Christothea; Clow, Doug; Cross, Simon; Coughlan, Tim; Jones, Jan and Ullmann, Thomas (). Scholarly insight Spring 2017: A Data Wrangler Perspective. Open University UK.
- Nguyen, Quan; Rienties, Bart and Toetenel, Lisette. (). Unravelling the dynamics of instructional practice: a longitudinal study on learning design and VLE activities. In: Proceedings of the Seventh International Learning Analytics & Knowledge Conference, ACM, New York, NY, USA, 168-177.
- Nguyen, Quan; Rienties, Bart and Toetenel, Lisette. (). Mixing and Matching Learning Design and Learning Analytics. In: Learning and Collaboration Technologies: Technology in Education - 4th International Conference, LCT 2017 Held as Part of HCI International 2017 Vancouver, BC, Canada, July 9–14, 2017 Proceedings, Part II, Springer, 302-316.
- Nguyen, Quan; Rienties, Bart; Toetenel, Lisette; Ferguson, Rebecca and Whitelock, Denise. (). Examining the designs of computer-based assessment and its impact on student engagement, satisfaction, and pass rates. Computers in Human Behavior, 76 pp. 703-714.
- Mittelmeier, Jenna; Tempelaar, Dirk; Rienties, Bart and Nguyen, Quan. (). Learning analytics to understand cultural impacts on technology enhanced learning. In: 13th International Conference on Cognition and Exploratory Learning in Digital Age (CELDA 2016), 28-30 Oct 2016, Mannheim, Germany.
|OWL (Open World Learning)||2015 - 2020|
|BNUFS (Data-informed Learning Design for Future Schools)||2017|