European MOOC Consortium: Labour Market
Enabling scalable, flexible training on MOOC platforms for the European labour market.
1st January 2019 - 31st December 2021
MOOCs and digital continuous education/training are flexible and scalable. They can be used to keep the knowledge and skills of the European workforce up to date, as well as building capacity in new areas of employment.
Through the EMC-LM initiative, members of the European MOOC Consortium (EMC) are creating better ways of supporting the labour market. This knowledge alliance brings together public employment services, companies, universities, and Europe’s major MOOC platforms.
The main aims of the alliance are to:
- strengthen partners by sharing experience and expertise
- create a framework for collaboration on the development, delivery and use of online training for the EU labour market
- increase understanding of how MOOC platforms can be used to support the EU labour market
- implement a responsive and large-scale outreach to the EU labour market.
The alliance facilitates exchange and flow of knowledge, strengthening Europe's innovation capacity. It is also increasing visibility and accessibility of online courses in this area by creating a portal for the EU labour market.
EMC-LM contributes to regional, national and European policies for continuous education and training, employment and growth, proposing strategies for change and action plans.
IET has researched the current online learning landscape, producing openly available reports on current MOOC-platform provision for the labour market; MOOCs and online learning opportunities for the labour market; and a compendium of good practices in assessment and recognition of MOOCs and related courses.
IET has collaborated with partners and stakeholders to create a framework for collaboration on the development, delivery and use of courses on MOOC platforms. This framework supports implementation of a responsive and large-scale outreach to the EU labour market.
IET is strengthening partners in the knowledge alliance by sharing experience and expertise on learning at scale including MOOCs, digital education, and training. Together, members of the alliance are:
- improving the quality and scope of MOOCs and digital education and training for the European labour market
- implementing a more structured outreach for continuous education and training and career development for the EU labour market
- enhancing the quality and strength of the European workforce in terms of employability, innovation and entrepreneurship
- raising competitiveness of regions and member states
- putting the Modernisation and Skills agendas of the European Commission into practice
- France Université Numérique
- Telefónica Educación Digital
- University of Foggia