Knowledge Alliance to enable a European-wide exploitation of the potential of MOOCs for the world of business
1st January 2016 - 31st December 2018
The BizMOOC project aims to strengthen innovation capacity in all parts of Europe through the creation of common standards and frameworks that promote MOOCs for workplace teaching & training, the acquisition of labour market-relevant skills and entrepreneurial activity.
BizMOOC joins experts from 14 higher education institutions HEIs, businesses and networks/Non-governmental organisations (NGOs) from 11 countries to achieve this goal by the following key activities & results:
- Collect and analyse the needs, gaps, good practices and reasons for non-participation of European HEIs, businesses/entrepreneurs and society (especially labour force, jobseekers and non-traditional learners),
- Elaborate 3 guidelines, 11 discussion papers, concrete recommendations (for HEIs, businesses, society and policy-makers), good practice collections and provide them in an open access, interactive ‘MOOC BOOK’,
- Pilot test the guidelines through 3 types of MOOCs (with 4,000 learners/75 HEIs & businesses) which teach LLL key competences relevant for the labour market,
- Create a MOOC network (min. 4,000 actors).
Through BizMOOC, we will establish a platform with which to successfully plan and implement MOOCs for business use. We enable the target groups to boost their activities and exploit the full potential of MOOCs. This will foster the modernisation of education, key competence acquisition, cross-sector knowledge exchange and strengthening of HEI-business cooperation in Europe.
- AVL LIST GMBH
- Burgas Free University
- DIDA NETWORK srl
- iversity GmbH
- Joanneum Research
- Košice IT Valley z.p.o.
- The National Unions of Students in Europe
- University of Alicante
- UNIWERSYTET EKONOMICZNY W KRAKOWIE
- Vereniging Van European Distance Teaching Universities