European SLPs for continuous professional development and lifelong learning
1st January 2018 - 31st December 2020
Online/blended Short Learning Programmes (SLPs) are a flexible and scalable offering to serve large numbers of students. To increase the awareness and uptake of SLPs, EADTU together with 14 university partners started in January 2018 the European Short Learning Programmes (E-SLP) project for continuous professional development and lifelong learning.
Defining the concept and position of SLPs as part of HE-systems and of policies for CPD and LLL, responding to needs of the economy and personal development.
Developing institutional policies, strategies and frameworks for the development and delivery of flexible and scalable SLPs in Europe, keeping pace with the size and diversity of needs of
employers and employees and as an opportunity for learners to fit study programmes to their time horizon.
Empowering university leadership and staff for curriculum and course design, QA and recognition for SLPs complying with the EQF.
Developing guidelines for collaborative SLPs and related mobility, enriching the content and quality of SLPs and raising their European outreach, scale and cost-effectiveness.
Designing next steps for change towards systemic and sustainable institutional, governmental and EU policies and strategies for continuous education, mainstreaming SLPs as a specific area of university provision, next to degree education and open education.
We are leading work package 5 – Recognition issues with regard to SLPs.
- 5.1. Recommendations for quality assurance and accreditation for short learning programme
- 5.2. Recommendations for the recognition of short learning programmes within the (renewed) EQF
- 5.3.Recommendations for the recognition of short learning programmes within EQF (EFQ) and guidelines for incorporation of non-accredited learning
- Akademia Gorniczo-Hutnicza IM. Stanislawa Staszica W Karakowie
- Anadolu University (Anadolu Universitesi)
- FernUniversitat in Hagen
- Fundacio per a la Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
- Hellenic Open University
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Open University of Cyprus
- Open University of the Netherlands
- Open University of the University of Jyvaskyla
- Universidade Aberta
- Universita Telematica Internazionale-Uninettuno